Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mason Jars


I love mason jars. Something about them is timeless. They make me think of days gone by.

I recently discovered that I had mason jars sitting on my pantry shelf and I didn't even know it! Did you know that Classico Spaghetti Sauce is canned in Atlas Mason Jars? They are great looking jars that can be used for a variety of things. They are perfect for storing extra homemade chicken broth, making from-scratch dressings, etc. I save the Classico lids and reuse them for my personal use. If I want them to look extra pretty, I buy the Ball canning lids and use them with a pretty circle of fabric for an old-fashioned look.

For Christmas this year, I made Southern Spiced Tea Mix and gave it as gifts in these mason jars. I have given away soups in them to friends who are sick. Sugar Coated Pecans look beautiful placed in these with a pretty fabric on the lid. These are very useful and environmentally friendly jars. I feel so much better saving my spaghetti sauce jars rather than throwing them away.

Click here to get a coupon to save $1.00 on ANY 2 Classico® Products (15 or 24 ounces).  If you were to combine this coupon with one of Publix's Buy One Get One Free promotions that they occasionally run on these sauces... you would really get a deal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a fond Mason jar memory. When a family member was recovering from an illness, an dear old friend (you know her...one of the church ladies) brought him a Mason jar full of homemade vanilla custard. I had never heard of it before, but it was just the yummy comfort food he needed!